Recipe Of The Week: Lentil Coconut Curry
I am interrupting Foodie Friday this week to tell you guys about the amazing curry I made recently. This is the dish I had been hanging out for for two whole years, ever since I took the Gerson Therapy anti-spice vow.
I made my own coconut milk because it is super easy to do, and all of the canned ones seem to contain guar gum. If you’re up for it, I totally suggest making your own.
What you’ll need:
3 cups shredded coconut
1 1/2 cups French lentils
3 tsp organic curry powder (we looked for one without salt)
3 cloves garlic
2 small carrots (or one large)
1 cup broccoli
1 capsicum (aka bell pepper)
1 sweet potato
1 large potato
1 large tomato
Coriander (aka cilantro) to taste
What to do:
For the coconut milk
1. Blend 3 cups of shredded coconut with 6 cups of water on high for a couple of minutes.
2. Use a nut milk bag, cheesecloth, or a tea towel draped over a mesh strainer and strain the milk.
3. Squeeze the bag to make sure you extract all of the milk.
For the curry
1. Heat garlic and onion in a pot (with coconut oil if you like). Add curry powder and mix for a couple of seconds.
2. Add lentils to the pot and combine with onion and spices.
3. Add coconut milk to the pot and bring to the boil. Once boiling, reduce to simmer for about 20 minutes.
4. Add the rest of the vegetables and continue to simmer for another 20 minutes or until veggies and lentils are cooked. Lentils should be soft, but still retain their shape.
5. Serve topped with fresh coriander.
Positive affirmation for the day: Everything about my life is a blessing that I am grateful for.
join the tribe
Join the green mo revolution! Subscribe to get Jess's updates & Green Mo Revolution e-book FREE with over 80 green smoothie recipes!