Recipe Of The Week: Quinoa + Veg (Easiest, Healthiest and Tastiest Dinner Ever)
I remember the nights when I would get home from work at 8pm after a long day of sitting at my desk writing about Zac Efron and the Gossip Girl cast, and were so exhausted that the thought of preparing dinner seemed about as fun as being married to Homer Simpson (fun to watch, but poor Marge). If my boyfriend hadn’t kindly made dinner for me, I would resort to whatever meal was plastic wrapped in the freezer, of just have avocado on toast. With a bit of tomato and onion, if I had the energy. If only I knew then what I know now. Satisfying, healthy, tasty meals can be quick and easy. This dish below is proof of that.
This dish will take just 20 minutes to prepare and cook, and will serve two hungry people.
What you’ll need:
1 cup quinoa
Handful or two of snow peas
1 cup broccoli
Handful or two of baby spinach
2 cloves garlic
1 lemon, juiced
What to do:
1. Rinse and drain your quinoa.
2. Add quinoa to a pot with two cups of water. Bring to the boil, and then reduce to simmer for about 15 minutes or until all of the water has been absorbed.
3. While that’s cooking, chop up all of your veggies.
4. Once quinoa is cooked, add all veggies except baby spinach to the pot along with garlic and lemon juice.
5. Stir veggies through, and cook on low until they are as cooked as you like them. I prefer my veggies crunchy, so I just barely gave them time to warm through.
6. At the last minute, throw in the baby spinach and give it all a stir through.
See this quick video from Sarah Britton (last week’s Foodie Friday talent) on how to cook quinoa. I love her cooking video style.
Click here to find out why quinoa is so awesome.
Do you love quinoa? What are some of your favourite quinoa recipes?
Positive affirmation for the day: My love and respect for my body comes before all other commitments.
MY GIFT TO GERSON …
I am donating 50% of all sales of my Healing Through The Holidays recipe e-book to the Gerson Institute. Gerson Therapy has saved my life, and so many others like me, and I want to do this as a gift to them. These people work so hard to get the Gerson message out, and help so many people with cancer and other chronic illnesses, and they rely on donations to make it all happen. Click here to buy your copy of Healing Through The Holidays.
Have you bought your copy of The Wellness Warrior Live Well Starter Kit + 10-Day Cleanse? Click here to find out why it’s the best $12 you’ll ever spend.
join the tribe
Join the green mo revolution! Subscribe to get Jess's updates & Green Mo Revolution e-book FREE with over 80 green smoothie recipes!